Sunday, October 11, 2009

HOME AGAIN



Far away from the maddening crowd,

I am on my way back to hometown now,

Left behind those busy street lanes,

I am making my way towards the high mountains...

I am driving too slow as if some turtle is walking

cause' with these roads i wanna have some chat-talking.







After so long,I am back on my country roads.

Searching for some butterflies and few little toads.

A bit ahead will be the same waterfall i know,

and 200 miles ahead will be the mountains covered with snow.







Oh!I remember that old farm.Yes i do.

where grandma would live with her dog named boo.

how I would play with boo,the whole day through,

and how bitterly i cried when he died of some flu.






Childhood memories are flashing back in my head,

oh how i wish i cud get those fine days back

but time once gone can never be attained,

though the memories live forever inside the brain...






How slow I am driving I should turn up now,

cause' I have to reach sweet home before it gets dark,

Mumma must be waiting for me so eagerly,

as she used to do so tenderly...






Birds are flying back to their places,

as sky is growing dusky and dark.....

but my country is still shining so bright

It still have that passion and spark...






Here i m finally outside my home in the night

oh mumma you are looking so beautiful and juvenile

father you are growing some old I

please stop doing work like a busy bee






they kissed me tenderly and took me inside

I took a deep breathe n looked beside..

my little sis was sleeping and holding a card

with a message "welcome brother,in the country's heart"





I kissed upon her cheeks and had my food,

searched for the whisky, I wanted to shoot,

had a drink with my father and he said,

You must be tired just go off to your bed..






I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes

called my doggy and then hold him tight

I forgot all tiredness and all my pain

oh what a pleasure to be home again ..







NIKKHIL VERMA
[:)]










4 comments:

Rahil October 11, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Welcome home :)

Home sweet home

"I forgot all tiredness and all my pain
oh what a pleasure to be home again .." ~~~The best part :)

Anonymous,  October 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

It was such a sweet poem

:) October 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

wonderful poem....

i tagged u.

Ram Bansal November 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Well said, home is were heart is.

SONG ( keep listening, keep reading... )


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

v


cctv

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.